Your genes have a significant effect on your body shape and figure. This makes your body shape something that you can do little about; however, you can always make the best of it in your pursuit to become attractive.
Body-type specific workouts can help you to enhance what is the best of your body and tone the not-so flattering parts, so that you can get the body you desire. This article will talk about the best workout that suits you. It will help you to work with your body,so that you get best results. These are the best exercises for your body and you should diligently do them if you want the body you desire.
1. Determine Your Body Type to Determine the Best Workouts
To understand which body-type specific workout is good for you, you must first figure your body type. There are four major body-type categories:
- Apple Shaped: Apple-shaped individuals usually have a thicker waist. In comparison to their hips and shoulders, apple shaped women tend to accumulate fat in their abdominal area. Noted celebrities who have an apple shaped body are Oprah Winfrey, Lindsay Lohan and Drew Barrymore.
- Pear Shaped: Usually heavier on the bottom, pear shaped women accumulate fat in their hips, thighs and buttocks. This is why; they have narrow shoulders and waists. Jennifer Lopez is one of the noted celebrities who have a pear shaped body.
- Hourglass: An envied body-type, the hourglass shape woman flaunts curves both on top and bottom. She also has a tiny waist. Celebrities who have this kind of figure are Scarlett Johansson and Sofia Vergara.
- Slender: In contrast to the hourglass shape, the slenderbody shaped women are not endowed with curves. They have a stick straight frame that makes them appear boyish. Celebrities like Cameron Diaz and Gwyneth Paltrow are known for their slender frame.
To determine your body type, take a measuring tape and measure your bust, waist, and hips. You will easily be able to identify your body type if you calculate the shoulder-to-waist-to-hip ratio based on your measurements.
2. Cardio Workouts Are Great for Apple and Pear Shaped Body Types
Cardio exercises are popularly recommended by fitness experts to those who are looking for the best workout to lose weight. Anaerobic training, like resistance training, is better than aerobic training if you wish to gain muscle. However, when it comes to losing weight, aerobic exercise shows results faster. The sustained rhythmic aerobic exercises bring a large group of muscles into action.
Cardio exercises are great for people who tend to accumulate body fat in the abdomen, hips and thighs.
While apple and pear-shaped women can lose fat from the problem areas of their body to gain the shape they desire, they can also benefit from aerobic exercises because aerobic exercises also help:
- Increase your energy levels.
- Reduce stress.
- Make your heart and lungs more efficient.
- Reduce blood pressure.
- Prevent heart disease.
You can do aerobic exercises at home, at the gym or outdoors. Dancing, body combat, swimming, jogging and riding a bike are also considered aerobic exercises besides step aerobics.
3. Stretching Exercises Can Help You to Get in Shape
Stretching before beginning your workout has its benefits. This prepares you for the workout and helps you to avoid hurting yourself during the workout.
Stretching exercises help in several ways:
- Improved Posture: Helps your muscles to relax, which aids your body to improve its alignment. This improves your overall posture and makes your body look good regardless of your body type.
- Agility: Stretching involves a range of movements. This helps your muscles to gain flexibility and prevents injury while you work out to get into shape.
- Enhanced Endurance: Stretching also improves your endurance and prevents you from getting exhausted easily.
- Improved Blood Supply: These exercises improve blood flows to your muscles. This improves your overall health.
- Better Joint Health: A simple stretching exercise involves a number of your body joints. This keeps your joints in shape and saves them from injury and age-related conditions like osteoarthritis.
- Weight Loss: In addition, if you are a woman who is unhappy with your apple or pear-shaped body, you can do stretching exercises to lose weight and tone your problem areas. Stretching helps you to burn calories and therefore lose weight. A woman weighing 150 pounds can burn up to 100 calories by doing stretching exercises for just 30 minutes.
You must spend some time stretching before you undertake any workout. Regardless of your body type, stretching can help you to get a desirable body shape. Yoga is a good form of stretching. Spending some time of your day doing power yoga can help you to lose weight and tone the problem areas of your body.
4. Weight Training Can Help Slender Body Frames Gain Muscle
One of the biggest myths about getting the ideal body figure is that you always have to lose weight to get an ideal body shape, but that does not apply to everyone, especially if you have a slender body type. In that case, you have to take a step back and gain some weight before you can reshape your body into a desirable form.
If you have a slender body type, the workout that best suits you is the weight training. Women often avoid touching the dumbbells as they feel weight training will make them bulky and muscular; however, the truth is that weight training is just as important for women as it is for men. Lifting weights can help you get the curves you so desire.
Do not worry about bulking up because women produce far less quantity of testosterone as compared to men. Since testosterone is the hormone responsible for muscle gain, lower levels of it mean heavy resistance training will not turn you into a she-hulk. It will only help you reshape your existing body into something more desirable
5. Pilates Can Change Your Body in Powerful Ways
Pilates help you to lean out instead of bulking up. People often have a notion that Pilates exercises do not really work to make a difference to your appearance. This is mainly because these exercises do not feel like you are doing much.
In reality, Pilates can help you to burn a considerable number of calories. A 150-pound woman can burn up to 250 calories by taking an hour long session of Pilate exercises. This can benefit women who are looking to eliminate fat from their abdomen, buttocks and thighs.
Apple-shaped and -ear-shaped body types benefit the maximum from Pilates as Pilates exercises help to tone the:
- Lower back
These exercises also help to lengthen your body by toning the tiniest of muscles. It can help to lessen the bulk that other exercises like weight training brings.
6. Use the Exercise Ball for a Full Body Workout
An exercise ball can help you to tone up as well as slim down. The gym ball requires a lot of muscle engagement to stay on the ball which makes this exercise equipment one of the most effective.
To tone the parts of your body that tend to accumulate fat and get out of shape, you can do the following workouts at the gym with the help of an exercise ball:
- Triceps Dips: While you are seated on a workout bench, place your hands at the edge of the bench and your calves and ankles on a firm exercise ball. By putting pressure on your arms, lift your hips off the bench.
- Planks: You can use the exercise ball to do sets of planks. Rest your forearms on the ball and then do sets of the regular push-up exercise. This helps you to tone your abs, shoulders and neckline.
- Crunches: Position the ball to support your middle back. Keeping your hands on your thighs, curl your body forward and relax by lowering it back to the starting position. Crunches help to shape your abs and strengthen your spine.
Triceps dips, planks and crunches can be beneficial for ladies with an apple shaped body type. It may take you some time to get accustomed to exercising with the gym ball but once you get the hang of it, you can reap its benefits for a long time and thereby easily stay in shape.
7. Enhance Your Yoga Sessions by Combining Them with Strength Training
Yoga is peaceful as opposed to the testosterone filled atmosphere of a gym. Not only does yoga help you fight depression, it could also help you get a good body shape. Research shows that individuals involved in regular yoga sessions lose weight faster compared to those who do not do yoga.
Imagine if you could combine yoga with resistance training and get the best of both worlds. Kettlebell training helps you to reap both the benefits of yoga,and it also gives you the opportunity to rigorously train like you would at the gym. By buying a couple of weights like kettlebells, you can turn your yoga sessions into power-packed resistance training session and tone your body.
Here are some moves that you can do to start your kettlebell training:
- The Goblet Squat: This is great for working out your leg muscles, particularly your glutes. Stand with your feet apart. Hold a dumbbell in your hands, keeping your elbows close to the sides of your body. Slowly squat down and stand back up while deeply inhaling and exhaling.
- The Kettlebell Swing: Stand with your feet apart. Now lift the kettlebell from the ground and swing it in between your legs. Remember to bend as you swing the kettlebell back and forth. This helps to exercise your abdomen and gives you a flat stomach.
Both the goblet squat and the kettlebell swing are effective exercises for those who are looking to lose weight. However, while pear-shaped body types can also benefit by toning their lower body with the help of the goblet squat, apple-shaped body type women can get washboard abs from the kettlebell swing. There are many more exercises that you can do while undertaking Kettlebell training. Kettlebell training helps you to lose weight, builds muscles while you exercise at the convenience of your home.
8. Tai Chi Increases Muscle Strength and Tones Your Body
For apple, pear and slender body type women who wish to exercise at a slow and steady pace, Tai Chi is a Chinese Martial Arts form that promotes overall health. Tai Chi does not require any types of equipment which make it an inexpensive but affordable way of toning your body.
Tai Chi primarily provides stress relief and promotes calmness. However, with Tai Chi, you can also burn calories and thereby lose weight. Also, since Tai Chi involves a range of motion, it also helps to tone certain parts of your body.
Tai Chi is, in fact, so beneficial that many fitness experts argue that it is even better than taking a Pilates session. For women who accumulate fat in their abdomen and lower body, Tai Chi is beneficial as it targets fat in these areas. Tai Chi affects the metabolism and increases your aerobic capacity which makes you burn fat.
For women who wish to bulk up, Tai Chi promotes muscle gain. A 20-minute intense session of Tai Chi can impact your muscles as much as 100 lunges do.
9. MetCon can Help You to Lose Weight Easily
MetCon or Metabolic Conditioning is a form of High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT). HIIT was one of the leading fitness trends of the year 2015. The reason being a lot of research data is pouring that proves the efficacy of this workout compared to other workout types.
Research shows that engaging in HIIT can boost the metabolism up to 30 percent. Moreover, individuals doing HIIT training tend to lose several folds more weight compared to individuals doing steady cardio.
This way of working out helps to increase your metabolism which, in turn, promotes weight loss. The range of exercises that associate with MetCon enhances the energy storing capacity of your body and therefore increases the amount of activity that you can do. This means MetCon training can have positive effects on your stamina.
While many athletes are adopting MetCon training to increase their performance in the field, women who are looking to lose weight and tone up are increasingly taking MetCon training classes to get the body they desire as MetCon works for everyone irrespective of their body type.
This method of workout is quite similar to what you are already used to do. The only difference is that you have to alternate between bursts of explosive workout followed by periods of no or little physical activity. Take running, for example. You can run at the top of your speed for two minutes followed by a two minutes session of rest. You can do this as many time as you could possibly do.
Another beauty of this exercise regimen is that it aids people of all body types alike. No matter you are slender or pear-shaped; you can do this exercise and get the results you want.
10. CrossFit Training- A Challenging Way to Get Sure Benefits
Another form of exercise that is slowly catching up with fitness seekers is CrossFit training. Like all forms of exercises listed in this article, CrossFit training is one that suits women of all body types.
CrossFit is a type of strength training that makes use of your own body weight to create resistance. This helps you to eliminate cardio workouts and rigorous training at the gym.
The benefits of CrossFit training are:
- Increased strength
- Boosted stamina
- Faster weight loss
- Better overall health
CrossFit affects your cardiovascular and respiratory system, power, agility and endurance helping you to gain muscles and get those desired curves.
11. Do Power Yoga for a Slim Body
Yoga is a stress buster. But power yoga takes things a little further. Power yoga:
- Lowers the level of stress hormones.
- Increases insulin sensitivity, which helps with diabetes and weight loss.
- Works out stubborn fat deposits.
- Promotes weight loss.
Doing power yoga three times a week can help you to lose weight and get a stronger body. You can experiment with different yoga poses to work out the parts of the body that need toning up. This makes yoga a good exercise for curvy ladies who are seeking a slender body.
12. Do Testosterone Boosting Workouts to Gain Lean Muscles
There are certain work out routines that can help you to boost your testosterone levels. Testosterone is a hormone that helps you to gain muscle. Do not fret, as the weight you gain through these exercises will be healthy and will only work to enhance your physical appearance.
Here is an exercise routine to help you boost your testosterone:
- Step 1: Start with a warmup. Begin with stretching exercises to prepare your muscles. You can follow this with 30 minutes of jumping jacks or jogging.
- Step 2: Do three sets of 10 goblet squats that will tone your leg muscles. Do this with minimum breaks in between.
- Step 3: Rest for a minute and then follow this with three sets of 15 split jumps.
You can also take supplements along with these exercises to boost your growth hormone levels. GenF20 plus is a good human growth hormone releaser which can help you to build healthy muscles fast. You can also take Provacyl which will help you to increase the levels of testosterone in your body and thus help you to gain muscles.
13. The Pound is an Upcoming Innovative Way of Exercising
The pound is a workout routine that uses drumsticks. It involves regular workout like squats, lunges and crunches and lets you do them with the help of drumsticks. Best workout videos on the internet include pound videos which are one of the most watched today.
The pound has the same benefits as most exercises mentioned so far, but due to the innovative use of drumsticks, it is gaining more popularity by the day. You can take a pound class to keep in shape, irrespective of your body type and shape.
14. A Win-Win: Combine the Right Diet with the Right Exercise Routine
To gain the body you desire, it is important that you eat healthy along with doing the right exercises for your body type. No matter how hard you train, you will not see results unless you restrict your dietary intake to the foods that are healthy and nutritious.
Eat a lot of fruits and vegetables and proteins to keep you feeling full so that you do not get the cravings for food which leads to binging on junk food.
Another thing you must understand is that dieting does little to help. Women make the mistake of reducing their food intake to lose weight while following the best workouts. Research shows that dieting only works to slow your metabolism, which makes weight loss extremely different. However, eating healthy foods and exercising regularly is a better way of losing weight and gaining muscles than dieting.
15. Keep Yourself Motivated to Exercise
The hardest part is staying motivated to exercise daily. Set a reminder on your phone or make a list of what you would do if you had the body you desire. Looking at that list every day will help you to keep yourself motivated to exercise. You can also listen to the best workout songs to keep yourself pumped up at the gym.
There is nothing like the feeling after a good workout. You can design the best workout routine for yourself from the information in this article by choosing the best workout for your body type. These exercises also make the best workout for men who are looking for best ab workout and best chest workout, too.